Monday, January 16, 2006

In-Depth Details About the Shoulder Surgery, Part Four: Follow-up

Thanks again for all the kind words before and after the surgery.

I saw my surgeon yesterday and he said I'll have to let the repair heal for 4-6 months while doing rehab. So no sports for me until mid summer. But he did clear me for jogging so at least I won't get totally fat and out of shape.

For at least the next four weeks (when I see the surgeon again), and perhaps for the next few months, I'm not supposed to raise my arm past shoulder height.

And I don't know how gross/not gross this will be, but if you're up for it, you can view pictures from inside my shoulder taken during the surgery! Cool stuff!

This is the least gross one:


And here's a small, safe preview of the whole set:


http://www.ebanzai.com/view_gallery.jsp?gid=412&pid=4975

Oh, and another bonus - apparently women just can't resist a guy in a sling. Who knew?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home