Thursday, January 13, 2005

Canon 1D high speed continuous drive demo

I compiled this animated GIF of Oregon State's Chrissy Lamun to demonstrate the 1D's high speed continuous drive mode.

It's obviously not motion picture framerate (24 fps) but pretty dang well fast enough to catch the peak of the action. Rather than requiring exquisite timing, I just held down the shutter and fired seven frames in sequence.

I was then able to pick the best of the series and choose the one perfect shot among the group. As one character says in The Shawshank Redemption: "Easy peasy Japanese-y."

What's crazy is that this might not necessarily be the 1D's top framerate. I assume Jeff had his camera set to its max speed, but there's no way to know for sure.

Now certainly there's no substitute for skill and flawless timing, but let's be realistic. If a professional tool like the 1D can make life easier, I'm not gonna complain.

Thank you, Canon. You make me look good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home