Sunday, September 10, 2006

My First Attempt at Rock Climbing

Bob and Jess organized a rock climbing day yesterday morning at Point Dume in Malibu. There are anchors already set at the top of the climb (and a path so you can walk up there) so they set up a 60ft top rope climb. The person at the bottom holds your weight the entire time as the rope loops up and around the anchor at the top.



I wasn't going to climb but after Kassia did the whole climb (she's the 13-yr-old) I figured I had to give it a try. I'm really really slow, but the scenery is amazing and it does seem pretty dang high when you get near the top:



It definitely helped that I didn't look down while I was up there; it would have freaked me out if I realized how high I was!

It took me forever but I did eventually make it to the top. No one would mistake me for an expert climber. No one would even mistake me for a modest climber. Basically, I suck pretty badly, but it was a fun first climb!

Of course we shot video during the climb:
watch my climb!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home